Our client searching for an Outreach and Engagement Specialist to engage new and existing clients, build interest in the great work that they do, and help make a positive change through their energy efficiency programs.
Our client is a Vancouver/Victoria/Calgary based energy efficiency business that works with building owners/managers, utilities, governments, and developers. We plan and implement practical solutions that reduce environmental impacts and provide high returns on investment.
As the Outreach and Engagement Specialist you will lead efforts to seek prospective participants to enroll in free energy efficiency programs and support other marketing activities. The programs are focused on upgrading existing buildings to improve energy and water efficiency. Our client helps decrease greenhouse gas emissions and environmental impacts while saving people money.
Main responsibilities include:
- Communicating with building owners and property managers that have already participated in our programs and enrolling additional buildings.
- Getting meetings with companies that own/manage buildings and working with the Senior Program Manager to co-deliver “lunch and learns” about program offerings.
- Making cold calls and following warm leads with prospective participants.
- Qualifying prospects.
- Converting leads into program enrollments.
- Associated customer service.
- Using social media to promote programs to prospective participants.
- Updating the company website.
- Collaborating with program partners (e.g. utilities, local governments, industry organizations) to promote programs through a variety of means such as direct-mail campaigns, follow-up calls, and workshops.
- Spark conversations on social networking sites that are aligned with client needs and B2B client business requirements.
- Manage a variety of social profiles and drive engagement with the goal of promoting all that we do.
- Support the development of collateral and marketing materials.
- Support senior team members with developing project proposals for prospective clients.
- Tracking leads and conversion rates and associated internal reporting.
Work from your home office. The majority of the time will be spent working virtually with in-person meetings as required. Full time or part-time considered. Some flexibility with hours.
Preferred location within the Metro Vancouver area; other areas may be considered.
- Help reduce environmental impacts and transition to a cleaner future
- Ability to work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours of work
- Creative environment
- Opportunity to play a leadership role in the industry and support innovative approaches to energy efficiency
- Opportunity to learn from an incredible team of industry leaders in energy efficiency
Who You Are
- Minimum 3 years’ related experience
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and energy efficiency driven.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledgeable on B2B social media strategies (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Experience building social media communities and building an engaged follower base.
- Experience with graphic design software, website content management systems and social media platforms.
- Loves to network with business partners and trade allies to open new markets and reach new prospects.
- Strong sales skills and an ability to convert prospects into clients and program participants.
- Skilled at marketing and promotion.
- Strong computer skills with the Microsoft Office suite. Experience with CRM/Project Management software (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics), graphic design software, and Word Press an asset.
- Knowledge of marketing and promotional techniques.
- Proactive self-starter with a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to think creatively and find innovative ways to reach prospective program participants and clients.
- Enthusiastic individual seeking a commitment with a growth-oriented company.
- Administrative and organizational skills an asset.
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Hold environmental values while operating effectively in for-profit business environment.
- Integrity, honesty and responsibility with a desire to contribute to a team.
If you are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume indicating ‘O&ES 9.2019 – FIRST NAME, LAST NAME in the subject line by 5 pm on October 4, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We seek to recruit, develop and retain a diverse group of talented team members.