Our client is searching for an Office Administrator to help organize their team and be on top of the details. Help make positive change by supporting energy efficiency consulting work.
Our client is a Vancouver/Victoria/Calgary based energy efficiency business that works with building owners/managers, utilities, governments, and developers. We plan and implement practical solutions that reduce environmental impacts and provide high returns on investment.
As the Office Administrator you will support team members by carrying out administrative tasks that help keep our clients’ programs and consulting projects running smoothly. Their work is focused on upgrading existing buildings to improve energy and water efficiency. Our client helps decrease greenhouse gas emissions and environmental impacts while saving people money.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Keeping project records up to date and tracking the status of relevant tasks.
- Taking meeting minutes and tracking progress on action items.
- Uploading and downloading relevant data from online databases.
- Coordinating logistics with team members to ensure relevant tasks are being completed in a timely manner.
- Assisting senior team members with preparing and editing documents, including reports and proposals.
- Assisting senior team members with preparing and refining document templates for reports and proposals.
- Scheduling meetings, company events, and making travel arrangements for other team members.
- Completing applications for energy efficiency programs.
- Assisting other team members in the development of internal company documents (e.g. how-to guides, policies).
- Supporting other team members with tracking company expenses, time, revenue, etc.
- Prepares invoicing and supports general bookkeeping.
- Other customer service, logistical, and clerical tasks as required
Work from your home office. The majority of the time will be spent working virtually with in-person meetings as required. Full time or part-time considered. Some flexibility with hours.Preferred location within the Metro Vancouver area; other areas may be considered.
- Help reduce environmental impacts and transition to a cleaner future
- Ability to work from home
- Competitive salary
- Flexible hours of work
- Creative environment
- Opportunity to play a leadership role in the industry and support innovative approaches to energy efficiency
- Opportunity to learn from an incredible team of industry leaders in energy efficiency
Who You Are
- Minimum 3 years’ related experience
- Cheerful, attentive and patient
- An organizational whiz
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Technically savvy – Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (including intermediate skill level with Excel). Experience with CRM/Project Management software (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics), graphic design software, and Word Press an asset.
- Thinks creatively and finds innovative solutions to improve company processes.
- Proactive self-starter with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Work well independently
- Proud of your work with an ambition to grow and learn
- Enthusiastic and seeking a commitment with a growth-oriented company
- Customer service and outreach/marketing skills an asset.
- Related post-secondary education an asset
- Hold environmental values while operating effectively in for-profit business environment.
- Integrity, honesty and responsibility with a desire to contribute to a team.
If you are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume indicating ‘OA 2.2019 – FIRST NAME, LAST NAME in the subject line by 5 pm on October 4, 2019 to email@example.com
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We seek to recruit, develop and retain a diverse group of talented team members.