How well do you know the law that governs your employees? Test your knowledge in BC’s Employment Standards Act here!
1. Minimum wage is currently:
2. When it comes to paying overtime, double time is owed when?
a. After 8 hours of continuous work
b. After 12 hours of continuous work
c. After 10 hours of continuous work
3. Which of the following is true in regards to just cause termination?
a. Pay for length of service may sometimes be required
b. Burden of proof lies with the employee
c. Employer does not have to give written notice to the employee.
4. When paying an employee by direct deposit, the employee must authorize this in writing.
5. An employer may pay vacation pay on every cheque ONLY if agreed to in writing by the employee.
ANSWERS: 1.c, 2.b, 3.c, 4.a, 5.a